Lisa Zenzen Baker, 1961-2003

E-mail: answersforlisa@hotmail.com

Friday, November 11, 2005

Court schedules set

Conferences held in two related lawsuits



By David Baker
Posted June 10, 2007

During the past month, there have been developments in both the case against Samaritan Hospital and the one against Steve Coffey.

On May 17, a conference took place in the chambers of Albany County state Supreme Court Judge Leslie Stein. During the conference, a schedule was set up for the nest steps in the case.


Meanwhile, a response to a discovery demand I served on the defendants back in April is now a month overdue.

In the case against the hospital, a conference took place on May 17 at the courthouse in Ballston Spa. I had asked for it in an attempt to get the lawyers representing the hospital to turn over highly relevant medical records I believe are been withheld from me.

During the conference, Kathleen Ryan, one of the attorneys for the hospital, told the judge that I had "libeled" her on this weblog. She didn’t say which statement she considers libelous and she has not responded to a written request to explain her allegation. Nevertheless, she may soon find herself facing the same question, this time under oath. I have informed her that I intend to subpoena her for a disposition in the case against Steve Coffey.